Her name is Gwen, and she is an amazing woman and a friend of hers challenged her to name five good things about 2011. Gave me food for thought. She deserves all the credit for being the impetus of this post.
Here’s my list:
- Survived breast cancer with a positive prognosis
- The love of my friends while going through treatment
- The love of my family while going through treatment
- Being able to fall in love again and believe in it this time around.
- Five but not last as he is a part of all of the above: my sweet man
What are YOUR five good things in 2011? Feel free to leave them in a comment.
Yesterday we decorated our first tree together. And I have been the cookie baking whirling dervish. Peanut butter, chocolate chip, cardamom sugar cookies made and baked. Molasses, Pfeffernusse, and snickerdoodles left to bake. Raided tins from Barb’s basement, and have gone thru 2 lbs. Butter, 5 lbs flour, and so on. This elf’s ass is dragging…still nam debating macaroons….I discovered an awesome baking blog called Baking Bites – try her recipes.
There was a lot not so nice about 2011, but the good things helped me get through the bad things.
“The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.”